Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Look, new thoughts (sort of)

I get bored so easily. I used to rearrange my room every few months, and I always loved changing the art on my walls. I realized the one time I felt commited to my original decor was when I had the chance to paint and really coordinate everything. Even then, however, I still swapped out knick knacks. :) Having to live significantly more on the frugal side, I have had to curb that habit. However, I am still making changes where I can. Today, it was on my blog!

James and I have only 2 more months in our current apartment. While most of me wishes James could have moved up to the PhD early for practical reasons (James being closer to finishing, the extra $, etc), I recently have found myself thinking about the little joys that would have come with it. Not knowing 100% if we will be here in just over a year means there is a lot we have to hold back on. We likely won't be painting in our new home, not knowing if the investment will be worth it. We do not feel right getting a puppy since we do not know if we will be uprooting again (every time I think of this, I run to Igor and hug him). I am enjoying classes but will be disappointed if I finish my prerequisites but then can't continue in a program here. One thing that makes me feel good is knowing that I will be here as long as I am needed full time for work, and hope to be here longer because I LOVE the girls I work with. I am so happy here... I would love to finally feel settled!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Bri, I hope you're able to stay in Boston too! You both seem so happy living there!

Oh and PS: I was you're 1,000th blog visitor!!!!!!

Moore Musings said...

ha, awesome!