I truthfully did not have a huge melt down upon turning 29. Ok, I had one major concern about my future and that good ol' biological clock, but other than that I feel pretty satisfied with where I am at currently. I have done and seen more in my 20's than many will get to accomplish in a lifetime. I am pretty blessed. What really inspired me to make this list was spending nearly 5 months of the last 15 months without the ability to walk or work. Having so much time fly by with limited ability to enjoy it has driven me to accomplish more in this last year of my 20's. I do not regret the things I have not done, and I am excited for the adult changes that will inevitably come with my 30's. I simply think this is a transitional year that will provide opportunities both for fun and for change. Plus... 30 by 30 just has a great ring to it. ;)
So without further adieu, my list:
1. Purchase a pair Warby Parker Glasses
2. Drink a cold Sam Adams while looking at a "cold" Sam Adams
3. Go to Wilmington and take cheesy photos :)
4. Take the trolley to Doyle's
5. Attend an author signing
6. Skate at Frog Pond
7. Work through my french text book
8. Attend one of Boston's quirky brunch options
9. Check a new state off the list
10. Complete the Independent coffeeshops of Boston list (4 down, 9 to go)
11. Hug James as much as possible!
12. Decide my next career path
13. See Grace Potter & the Nocturnals in concert
14. Run a full 5k
15. Photograph the Polar plunge
16. Send more letters and cards
17. Own a pair of TOMS
18. Cook Julia Childs Poulet au Porto with Artichokes & hollandaise sauce (successfully)
19. Sing along with Carols by Candlelight at Trinity church
20. Watch the Godfather trilogy
21. Surprise someone
22. Take the girls to the Zoo (it keeps eluding us)
23. Enjoy a trip with James that does not involve work, school, or anybody we know!
24. Learn how to whistle loudly
25. Make good use of my library card
26. Swim in Walden Pond
27. Spot a classic Boston celebrity
28. Camp @ Boston Harbor Islands
29. Complete the Walks of Greater Boston list (including the North End bakery tour. nom).
30. Be tumor free!