Thursday, April 29, 2010

checking in & ramblings

So this week has not gone exactly as planned, but that is life! :) I was called in early to work, so I have postponed my final until Saturday. Thank goodness the online testing center is open 7 days a week! I did not jog in the last 2 days, but my ankle is needing a rest from the impact. I walked 2 miles each day, so I don't feel too much like a couch potato... or a spud, as James likes to call me. :) I am hoping to get my follow up x-rays done a bit early this time, to see how my exercising is affecting the spots on my last xray. I do not like that the doctors are unsure if they are cysts or if the tumor growing again. The fear hits me some days, but most of the time I choose hope.

My church meeting and my photo shoot that were scheduled for SUnday have both been postponed, which I appreciate. I need that day of rest to recharge! Ah rest... how I love thee and need thee. I LOVE working with kids, but they suck energy like cute little tics. :)

I find myself consistently stopping each day and thinking that life is good. We have officially been living in Boston for 9 months. Through the surgery, recovery, worrying about finding a job, adjusting to roommates, and everything else that came with this transition, we have managed to find in this city a feeling of being home. I look forward to next year, starting fresh with no ailments, with our own space, and without the worries of financial instability. The personal "weeding" I have done within my relationships has been painful, but has also brought a peace that I have never felt. I know I will be dealing with feelings of loss, evaluations of boundaries, etc, for a long time, but it is a step I had trouble making in the past. The freedom that comes with boundaries is a bit shocking! Lastly, these steps to personal health (the cutting of excessive sugars/refined grains, the daily exercise, the slow changes to my sleeping patterns) have been so greatly influenced by my environment. I am baffled how someone could live in this city and not want to be their healthiest. I love Boston and I truly wish more of my loved ones could experience this city. I can't begin to describe how wonderful it is. To live in a place that values education, health (not being skinny & tan, but HEALTHY), being involved in the local community (and helping the global community), good food, museums of all shapes and sizes, health care reform, etc etc etc... I mean come on... we have the Sam Adams Brewery! :) haha. But seriously, I have come to think of Boston as one of the greatest cities, and I am happy to see how living here has changed my life.

A fluffy pooch has jumped in my lap and demanded my attention. While I am excited to have some space in my on apartment next year, I will dearly miss Igor the wonderpooch. I must take advantage of every opportunity with his sweet little face. On that note, I am signing off. Au Revoir!

No comments: