Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day of Rest

I have come to realize that I do not like having plans on Sunday. I typically reserve Sunday for de-cluttering and rejuvenating. A typical Sunday morning (such as this), I can normally be found taking stock of everything I want to take care of. On this day, I find great joy in doing laundry, cleaning the bathroom, reviewing stacks of letters and bill that need response. There is time to have a healthy breakfast. I feel motivated to do homework. My afternoons are usually filled with photo editing, reading, and a blog if there is time. :) A walk is thrown in at some point. We end our day at church (I love having an evening service). There is something so refreshing about this day. It may not sound like rest, but to me it is.

Don't get me wrong, not every Sunday is spent inside. I also love having no plans on this day because of the freedom that it provides us. I spontaneous trip to the coffee shop, lunch with friends in the area, a jog to the local park. Perhaps hopping on the train and spending the day in Cambridge. I enjoy these outings quite a bit. I simply prefer to not have my Sundays committed to any specific event. I love having a day set aside to do whatever I want/need. I find this necessary to a healthy soul.


How do you spend your day of rest?



In other news, we spent a good 10 minutes of our morning naming this fine fellow...



Meet Borrislav Hippolytos Romanov IV. He comes from a long line of bunny royalty that date back to the finest pets in the House of Romanov. Or so his papers say.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, he's pretty handsome Maybe he, Apple, and Togi would like to hop around together some day! :)

Moore Musings said...

I love that you have bunnies!!! :) Can you get them to grow a 'stache? :)