Saturday, May 1, 2010

Entertainment Weekly

Jen Smith bought me a subscription to Entertainment Weekly for my birthday last year. I have to say, I will miss my weekly entertainment fix once the year runs out. At times the magazine tortures me as I learn about all of the upcoming movies I will not be able to watch. However, I deeply love all things entertainment, so most of the time it feeds my need for pop culture knowledge.

Here is a long blog about what I am currently reading, watching, listening to, and more. For those who like this stuff.



Lost: I am so excited for the finale, but I know I will have a serious time of mourning when this show ends. I have watched it religiously since the first week, and my love never faltered through the difficult times. I believe anybody who is skeptical that this season is not going to end well, or who claim to only still watch because they can't give up now, were never true fans.
Glee: I am thrilled that Glee has been given the recognition it deserves. I knew from the moment I heard about Glee that I would love it. Every week I find myself sad that I did not have a club at my school. I actually find myself loving their covers songs more than many of the originals. Plus, I have a girl crush on Lea Michelle. I have loved her since I saw her in Spring Awakening, and her portrayal of Rachel is brilliant. Her talent blows me away. But back to the show.. all I can say each week is that it is brilliant. Love. Love. Love.
CW Guilty Pleasures/aka OTH & GG: OTH has sadly gone downhill, but I still love it. I will watch it until the end (though last season should have been the end). Part of me hopes it gets one more season just to redeem itself. I normally would not admit to watching Gossip Girl, but I was sucked in by the costumes, the filming locations, and the music. It is a wonderful escape, though I admit it is pure trash!
The Office: What can I say. It has a special place in my heart and it keeps me laughing. I found out that Novak & Kransinski grew up about 10 min from where I live, and will keep my eye out for them this summer. ;)
HIMYM: This and Office are the shows James and I watch together. I came late to the party, and I think this season is flailing a bit, but I love the show. I hope that they "fix" Ted, as his personality seems to be going towards the douchey Ross years on Friends.




I am back to reading many books at once, but this is due to their nature. I still am only reading one "fun" book. The rest are... "educational". Lifestyle choices have been changed, and I'm trying to be as prepared as can be.

The Beginning Runners Handbook: I just received this book in the mail, and have already poured through a few chapters. This book was recommended to me by a friend. I will be running a 10K in the fall, and I was uncomfortable that I began training without any solid information. This book provides ample info and tips, as well as a training guide (both running and strength training). I should finish this book next week and will implement a full training program after.

Sugar Busters : I keep this book in my purse and sneak in reads whenever I get the chance. My father has followed this diet for years and always pushed me to read the book. However, I love my sugars, and I kept forgetting to read it. After discovering that my thyroid disorder has improved, and I can now control the symptoms naturally with no medication, I decided it was time to step things up. I am majorly cutting back all refined grains and sugars from my diet. This in addition to the ample exercise is helping me feel normal again. I still fall off the wagon from time to time, but the more I read, the more encouraged I am to follow this new lifestyle.

The Red Sox Fan Handbook: I try to pick this up when I get time, and will dive into it fully once the exercise/diet books are finished. I have said for years if I moved to Boston, I would become a sox fan. I also knew once I arrived, I could not take that lightly. There is no way I can remember everything I am reading, but I am beginning to understand the agony of their history (and their intense hatred of the Yankees). I have heard a few stories, but MAN did this team get screwed over. ha! Every time I read this, I learn, and I thoroughly enjoy it!

Word Freak : I read this before bed every night. I LOVE scrabble, and I now have begun researching the strategies they talk about in the book. These people are CRAZY. I love it :)






Albums on repeat: Civil Twilight (self titled), Greg Laswell (3 flights from alto nido), Everly (B-tracks), Queen (greatest hits), Jennifer Knapp (lay it down), all of my broadway music!

Singles on repeat: 4 Minutes (glee, they tore that up!), Carry Out (timbaland/JT, so wrong but I love it), You & Me (dmb), Kathleen (David Gray), Near to you (a fine frenzy), Your love is a Song (switchfoot)

Live: I just got tickets to see David Gray & Ray Lamontagne play at the Boston BofA pavillion this summer. I am beyond thrilled.





I am sad to be so close to NYC and still not been to a broadway show. However, I recently purchsed a student rush ticket to see my friend Laura perform in the National tour of CATS. The show I viewed was her audition for a full time job with the show next year, and I'm excited to say she got it! Here we are outside the stage door getting into the spirit of the show.







I never get to see movies in the theater anymore, but we DID just the netflix Wii disc. This brings much joy to my heart.


Ok. This semi pointless babble shall end now. I only have one more thing to say:

Yoda is a bad ass. Or I guess I should say "Bad ass, he is"



3 comments:

Jill said...

Love, love, love GLEE and the OFFICE, and I def have a crush on Lea too! Can a girl be any more awesome?! I mean really?

And it goes without saying, I'm EXTREMELY jealous your going to see Ray Lamontagne, and David Gray! I was just listening to David on my ride home from Starbucks yesterday!

Bonjour Cooper said...

lots of smiles.

I can't wait to experience Boston with you this summer!!! I was a little sad you found out from Jason first, but whatever - we're coming!

Moore Musings said...

yay!!!