Sunday, July 25, 2010

How I spent my summer vacation pt2

Upon my return from California, I had one day free to relax, 1 day back at work, and then I picked up my friend Mary from the Airport! Woohoo!!!! :) Here are the highlights from her visit:


Day 1: Mary came in to work with me. We spent the afternoon hanging out with Allie, then spent the evening in Harvard Square.
I can't find photos... so just believe it was awesome! ;)


Day 2: Ula Cafe, Sam Adams (attaining the illusive step 4 glass, huzzah!), BPL, Copley, the Public Garden, dinner and exploring in the North End. It was a full day, our feet hurt, but our hearts and tummies were happy!




Day 3: Mary and I spent the day in South Boston. We started with a visit to the ICA. I normally only find contemporary art museums to be so-so, but I LOVE the ICA. Plus, the exhibits by Roni Horn were pretty darn fabulous. We then took in a delicious lunch at the Legal Test Kitchen. My watermelon/arugula salad and clam chowder hit the spot. I want more now. mmm.
After lunch we took a tour of the Harpoon Brewery. Harpoon beer is delicious, and the tasting session at the brewery is like none I have ever experienced. 10 beers on tap, all you can drinks. Aaaaaaaamazing. Mary and I had picked up a variety of pastries at Mike's the night before and left them in the jeep for the right moment. We ended our day outside the ICA (where we parked), eating pastries on the deck overlooking the water. Just as we were finishing, I noticed a pretty incredible cloud creeping around the building, then realized it was getting dark. Moments later, everyone on the deck started screaming and running towards us. Everything went dark, the cloud swirled around us, and the whole group of strangers crowded together atop the the highest step on the desk. Once we realized we were not going to die, sitting out the storm was pretty enjoyable. :) I later found out the storm ripped trees in half all throughout the city. Thank God we were in the location we were when it started, our original plan would have put us a mile away from our car with no shelter. ha!




I had so much fun Mary, thank you for coming!!!!!! I hope to see you again soon. :)

No comments: