Sunday, July 11, 2010

How I spent my summer vacation pt1

So summers are not the same as an adult, but I have still managed to cram in a few fun days here and there. I am RIDICULOUSLY behind, but I need to start somewhere. Here is a taste of my trip to CA in May:



I took a working vacation and headed back to California. Our trip was anything but relaxing, however, I had a great time. Upon landing we met Steph for lunch, and I then headed over to Huntington Beach for a quick baby shoot. Sadly I did not have enough time for a full shoot, but I got a few decent shots of the cutie.



From there, I stopped off at the YMCA to see my old kids. They have gotten WAY TO BIG, and they of course quizzed me on their names the moment walked in (insert opening music to Under Pressure here). James and I FINALLY got on the road and headed to Vista to see Chelsea, Dieter, and new baby Annabelle. wee! After making a quick stop at the Rainbow Outlet (my first time, my first pair, I was giddy), we arrived at the Gratz's adorable home and spent the evening catching up and (gently) bouncing baby annabelle. :)




After a much needed night of deep sleep (apparently Anabelle cried a lot, I had no clue), we said our good byes and headed back to HB to meet up with our carpool buddies, Stephanie and Stephen. We shared a very enjoyable ride up complete with In-N-Out. Oh how I have missed in-n-out. There was a happy reunion of many old friends at Brandon's wedding rehearsal. I got to scope out many great sites for portraits the next day. James took time to play with the fish eye lens that he is obsessed with (and was highly disappointed I wouldn't let him use it for shooting the wedding. sigh. oh james). We then spent the evening with my sister Beth and brother-in-law Michael, and enjoyed El Cid chips & salsa. mmmm. real mexican food.




Saturday was ... well... a wedding! Busy, beautiful, stressful, intimate, crowded, joyful, and everything in between. I was SO impressed by all of the details of this wedding, and few things bring me more joy than watching a dear friend commit to the person they love. Plus, I had a wonderful reunion with many loved ones. Mark, you need to get married soon so we all have a chance to travel together and hang out again soon. But no pressure or anything ;)












Sunday I woke up in Bakersfield, had breakfast with the in laws, then headed downtown to have a much needed visit to Spectre ;). Jen, GMar, Huffy, and I met up at Alisa's new home and enjoyed a sleepover filled with yummy food, tshirt making, marathoning shows, and great conversation. We somehow only managed to take one photo the nearly 24 hours we were together (which baffles me), but I have a few good memories that will stick with me no matter what. :)




Last but not least, James and I stayed our final evening in Orange County. We had dinner with the Coopers and met Oscar the wonderpooch, and spent an evening relaxing with Kelly and Sophy a my old home in Orange, playing Mexican Train.



Needless to say I was EXHAUSTED when I arrived home and wished for a vacation from my vacation! However, all in all, the trip was fabulous and I am so happy it all came together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ah, a Bri blog!!! I've been waiting patiently, and the anticipation has been killing me! I'm happy to announce that my waiting was well worth it! GREAT BLOG!

The pictures of Brandon's wedding are gorgeous!!! nicely done!

When are you gonna post pictures of your new place?!

Moore Musings said...

Thanks! I had such a great time shooting his wedding. :)

We are slowly piecing the apartment together. I will be posting photos when we are all finished. I looooooooove love love it here. :)