Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Golden Records

My darling and fantabulous friend Alisa Bernal recently posted a list. This list was of the 28 albums that most influenced her over the (almost) 28 years of her life. I immediately knew this was something I had to do. The list also did not take me much time. I already have an idea of what I will add after my next birthday.

Sigh. I heart music.


the 28...


1.Raffi- Singable songs for the very young
2.MWS- Change your world
3.Paul Simon- rhythm of the saints
4.U2- Joshua Tree
5.The Lion King soundtrack
6.Steve Miller Band- fly like an eagle
7.Amy Grant- Heart in Motion
8.Sarah McLachlan- Fumbling towards ecstasy
9.Alanis Morrisette- jagged little pill
10.Weezer- Blue Album
11.Smashing Pumpkins- melloncollie and the infinite sadness
12.Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack
13.AC/DC - Back in Black
14.Five Iron Frenzy- Our Newest Album Ever
15.Propaghandi- How to clean everything
16. Jennifer Knapp- Lay It Down
17. Dave Matthews Band - Crash
18. Ben Folds - Rockin the Suburbs
19. Jimmy Eat World- Clarity (still my fave album of all time)
20. The Get Up Kids- Something to Write Home About
21. Dashboard Confessionals- Screaming infidelites
22. Radiohead- OK Computer
23. John Mayer- Room for Squares
24. Damien Rice- O
25. The Swell Seaon- Once soundtrack
26. Imogen Heap- Speak for yourself
27. Greg Laswell - 3 flights from Alto Nido
28. Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah (yes, I listed the single and not Grace, which was also phenomenal. Single is just more fitting)

No comments: