Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Visits & Visitors

"Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant"









As I was reviewing my calendar today, I found myself overwhelmed by how truly dedicated my friends have been since I moved. In addition to weekly (if not daily) conversations via IM or text with many people from home, and the multitude of emails/phone calls I have received each month, I have been blessed with many visitors. Between my visits home and my visitors, I have managed to meet up with people nearly every month since I moved. Here is how my last 9 months have gone:

August - visit from Noel Nocciolo (complete with a fabulous new cd). Also, I flew to Las Vegas to shoot a wedding for Christine Rodriguez, and visit with some lovely girls for Stephanie's bachelorette party.


September- visit from Alison Smidt, who had patience while I slowly crutched beside her through the city, and who took me to my first Red Sox game. Also, she got to see Ben Affleck filming. woohoo. ;)


October- Trip home to Ca for Stephanie's wedding. This also included a stay with GinaMarie in Sacramento, a stay with Matt Gilchrist in coarsegold, a ride to OC with my sister Beth (with a stop off in Bakersfield to say hello to Alisa McPherson), a visit to see my kids at the Y, chai @ alta & dinner at Ho Sum Bistro with Chelsea Gratz, and a brief overnight stay with Kelly O'Dell. Also this month, I had a visit from Bonny O'Neill. This was about a week after I was able to walk again. We got to enjoy the fall leaves, a trip to Walden Pond, and got to pull squealing mandrakes at the Harry Potter exhibition :)


November - We had no visitors in November, but we were able to host another Straggler's Thanksgiving with new friends from James's school, and I started my new job.


December - ANOTHER visit from Alison Smidt. This time I had use of my legs again. :)


January- James and I headed down to NYC to meet up with Stephanie & Stephen Bayer, who were in Philly with family. We were hosted by Kelly Novitski and the adorable Otis. Also, we managed to meet up with Noel N.


February-a visit from Jessica Behal. I like to name this weekend Beers, Treats, and Conversations.


March- Thanks to Berkelee School of Music, I had a spontaneous visit from Melody Wilson and her sister Tiffany (who was auditioning at Berkelee). It was raining the entire day, but they were troopers!


April - Speaking of Troopers... we got to visit with Trooper while he was in the area for work. :)


May- This month we will be experiencing a whirlwind trip to Ca. It starts with landing in the OC and seeing Jeremy Stafford, my kids at the Y, and staying with Chelsea, Dieter, and baby Annabelle!! :) We will then head up to Fresno with the Bayers to enjoy/photograph the wedding of Brandon Weaver, and see the many wonderful college friends who will be in attendance. The wedding is at the home of my friend Athena, whom I am excited to see again. While in the NorCal area, I will also be seeing Matt, and my Oakhurst family. Immediately following the wedding we head down to Bakersfield to say hello to James's family, then I will staying a night at Alisa McPherson's NEW house with the rest of my Spectre friends (Huffy, GMar, Jen Smith). From there, I head home, and James flies to TX to see James Pierce. All of this in 5 days. Holy Mackerel.


My summer is also full of visitors:

June: A visit from the lovely Mary Ginty.

July- We get to share a Boston 4th of July (aka the greatest kind) with Chris & Drea Hill

August: Jason & Huffy Cooper are heading our way.




In the midst of all of this, we have seen either my dad, or our whole family in Maine, at least 8 times. :)



Like I said, it is a blessing to have people in my life with such dedication. Be it on this coast or back west, we find ways to see each other. How lucky am I?








5 comments:

Vanessa Helmick said...

Um, hi. What about me?

Moore Musings said...

I haven't seen you yet! You are not a friend visiting, you are family, moving here, soon to be included in the "I saw my family". Duuuuhhhhh. :)

Alisa Marie said...

i love that little picture!!!

awwww, he's patting the other kitty's back.


and dang it that i'm not on that list as visiting you.

I'll try to make it out there during my fall break in october!!

Moore Musings said...

but you are on it twice for seeing me! :)

supercommonname said...

December should have included me! Curse you crazy Nor'easter storm!!!