Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A decade of movies: pt 1

So I finally got around to making my list of my favorite films of the decade. I was tempted to go as far as Jen Smith and break them into categories, but for now I will give you my top 10 favorites from each year. Some were chosen because of their overall excellence, others made the list simply because they make me smile and can be watched repeatedly. I have a feeling these lists would have shaped up differently if I actually got around to watching some of the films from those years, and realized my netflix queue needs a serious update! :) If you notice a serious oversight, leave me a comment... what better time then now to catch up on the must see films of the 2000's.

2000-2004

2000:
1. Almost Famous
2. Best in Show
3. Billy Elliot
4. Cast Away
5. Gladiator
6. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
7. Quills
8. X-Men
9. Meet the Parents
10. The Beach


2001:
1. Amelie
2. Donnie Darko
3. Lord of the Rings – fellowship of the ring
4. Moulin Rouge
5. Ocean’s 11
6. Royal Tenebaums
7. O
8. Shrek
9. Vanilla Sky
10. Zoolander


2002:
1. About a boy
2. Bend it Like Beckham
3. Chicago
4. City of God
5. Ice Age
6. Lord of the Ring – the two towers
7. Van Wilder
8. The Pianist
9. Spider Man
10. Bloody Sunday



2003:
1. Big Fish
2. Down with Love
3. Elf
4. Finding Nemo
5. Kill Bill vol. 1
6. The Life of David Gale
7. The Lord of the Rings- return of the King
8. Lost in Translation
9. Love Actually
10. Under the Tuscan Sun


2004:
1. Closer
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Finding Neverland
4. Garden State
5. Harry Potter – prisoner of Azkaban
6. Hotel Rwanda
7. Mean Girls
8. Saved
9. The Terminal
10. Supersize Me

3 comments:

supercommonname said...

i appreciate how many differences we have on our lists. but also, the similarities. kinda fun list to make, huh?

AJ Teaters said...

How do you have the time to do this?

Moore Musings said...

Jen: it is the essence of us!
AJ- I only had a 5.5 hour work day today, I don't have many social ties in Boston, and am 3 hours ahead of most of the people I love dearly... my mornings are often pretty open to relax :)