Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

I have chosen not to set any resolutions for the year, although I probably should have decided to blog more! :) I do, however, have a few expectations for the year. I believe that it will be filled with far more contentment than 2009. This entire year, nay, past decade, has been a very long lesson in trust, balance, and serenity. I am thrilled to be starting a new decade as fresh as possible. Living in a new city, working a new job, the possibility of a new degree/career... even my marriage feels new in that it is not weighed down with those exhausting aspects of our prior lives that lingered in California. It feels as if with very deep breath of the crisp, cold New England air, I exhale with a sigh of relief. God has provided in ways that (I felt) I continually hear of but rarely experienced. I am excited about day to day life, yet things are so simple. This is not an elation brought on by an adrenaline rush or social high, only to cause me to crash later. This is a genuine delight in the simplicity of my new life. We have had enough visitors to not feel too lonely, and other then that I have been happy to split my time between work and home. I find plenty of time to spend with James. We talk, play games, take walks. I chose to rest rather than overextend myself (shocker I know). I have plenty of time to read, as well as invest in new habits (like cooking, yum!). Thanks to the wonder of Instant Messenger and email I have not lost touch with those that I love. Boston is a bustling city, but one with little pressure.

In a nutshell... I am happy.

3 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

a big fat hurray! and a haaayaa! (and i kick you sir)... well that last part didn't fit, but i could hear bartok saying it...)


So exciting to hear about your life and how blessed it has been!

Jill said...

Bri! So elequently and meaningfully written! Don't hate me, but I'm taking your idea, and a few of your words, to explain my life in Korea... hope you don't mind! My creativity, when it comes to writting, is, as we say in Korea, "opsayo" (not here today!) I hope you can take my thievery as a compliment! :)

Love ya,
jillers

Moore Musings said...

A ha! and a hiya! and hooooooooey! :) Yes Alisa, I think it was fitting. :)

Jill, thank you :) I always take thievery as a compliment, so no worries there. I am glad you are able to feel this same peace. ;)