Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lazy Sunday





A small part of me wishes I was in NYC eating cupcakes and heading to the movies, but I think last weeks adventure was enough for now! That's right, I spent last weekend in Manhattan catching up with friends. Thanks to the wonder of the Bolt Bus James and I were able to afford a quick weekend trip. We were hosted by my old boss at SAB (thanks again kelly!!!). I would have to say this was a trip filled with amazing food. We started off with dinner saturday night with my friend Noel at LAND, indulging in some of the best Thai I have ever tasted. Mmmmm. We followed this up with pie at Good Enough to Eat. I definitely had a food baby! As we (ok, I) waddled the 18 blocks home, I gave James a tour down memory lane as we passed areas I frequented when during my summer there. We came home to a playful Otis (!), so we relaxed, played with the pooch and then got some sleep!














Sunday we were up bright and early to meet Stephanie and Stephen! This was Stephen's first time to the city, so we tried to give him a good overview without pushing it too much. We started our day at Lincoln center, then trecked north to Alice's tea cup (where Noel works) and had the most incredible breakfast. I drool just thinking about it! This was a great way to fill up, warm up, and start our whirlwind day. Our quick tour consisted of:
a section of Central Park, walk down broadway, rockefeller center (with a stop at Dean & Deluca), WTC, then a stop in Washington Square park. There was so much I wish I could have shown them, but that will have to wait for another time! We ended our trip down the street from the empire state building, where we boarded our separate buses for the long (but comfy) ride home. Yay Bolt!















This weekend I have decided to go .... nowhere!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :)
James is sick, I am exhausted, and we decided this combo called for a weekend in. The cold weather also helped this decision. I spent an entire day yesterday on the couch. 6 hours of that time was spent trying to get Red Sox tickets, an experience that I have learned much from for next year. We got tickets in the end, but those were painful hours! ha. Our roommates were gone most of the day, so having the living room to ourselves for once made for a perfect lazy day. Laundry is done, photos are edited, and James & I are caught up on our sitcoms! Currently, I am typing from bed and watching Igor sniff around the room. I know that any moment I need to get up, shower, and finish my list of At Home To-Do's. . .

But perhaps that can wait 15 more minutes?? :)

No comments: