Sunday, December 5, 2010

Food junkie

I love food. I love cooking. I love making grocery lists, especially when they contain ingredients for a dish I have never attempted before. This week I will be preparing a chicken pot pie, black bean chorizo soup (with a hint of orange), and a russian vegetable soup. Comfort food for the cold and dreary days (temperately and emotionally)? Yes, please!

I have been saying this for 6 months now, but I will say it again. I would love to disappear to a cabin for 6 months or so. Bring James, some books, my camera, a couple of kayaks (apparently in this daydream I have some money to spend), our cribbage board. Basically venture into town for food and head straight back. To ponder, to write, to daydream, to enjoy the quiet... to live simply and to heal, this is a dream that will have to wait.

(deep breath)

No comments: