Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ceaseless Hope

[We] must be [people] of ceaseless hope…Every human act, every Christian act, is an act of hope. But that means [we] must be [people] of the present, [we] must live this moment - really live it, not just endure it - because this very moment, for all its imperfection and frustration, because of its imperfection and frustration, is pregnant with all sorts of possibilities, is pregnant with the future, is pregnant with love.

- Walter Burghardt




Last night I attended Candlelight Carols at Trinity Church in Copley Square. The choir performed beautifully, the candlelight processions were enchanting, and a packed out church singing Carols together finally brought out the Christmas spirit I knew I still had in me. What truly touched me, however, were the readings. I know many around me found them boring and were merely sitting through them before the music returned, but I found them to be inspiring. In an attempt to once again begin living life, not simply enduring it, I will be posting these readings as we lead up to Christmas. This posting is more for myself than anyone else, but I hope that others will be equally inspired.


No comments: