Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Meatblob soup!

Ok... so it was supposed to be a meatball soup, but I have not quite perfected the perfectly shaped ball o' meat. Thankfully, the shape does not change the flavor! :) Tonight I made an Escarole & Meatball soup that I found when browsing through Martha Stewart Recipes. James and I each give it 2 thumbs up, and Igor gives it a tail wag and a hopeful whine (maybe next time buddy).

I followed the recipes pretty closely, just adding crushed red pepper to the broth. I enjoyed that it was such a light meal, seeing as most dishes with meatballs have piles of pasta, heavy sauces, or mounds of cheese. Not to knock any of that... mmmm... but it was a nice change. :) Another plus... the little bit of leftovers will taste amazing in burritos tomorrow!


2 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

ok - second time around I caught that it said blob and ball. ha!

Me thinks yous needs photos so we can all take pride in your lumpy meatballs!

Moore Musings said...

heehee

I totally forgot to take a picture. perhaps next time around? :)