Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dusting off the apron...

I have had much more time on my hands now that I am mobile but still without a job, so I am attempting to cook more frequently. I am currently becoming the master of soups. I LOVE soup, and have decided that with the cold weather sweeping in (and not leaving for about 6 months), I have a goal to make a soup every week. Many weeks, I would like them to be brand new, never attempted by my pink little hands. So far, I believe it has been a wild success! My chicken noodle makes me feel nostalgic and comfortable, and I don't think I can ever go back to canned again. My Zuppa Toscana makes Igor whimper jealously as I make happy yummy noises. Today I tried Chicken Posole, paired with chese quesadillas & mango salsa. I have decided with every soup I will post a recipe, should others feel inspired to follow me in my brothy adventures. yum. yum. yum.






I will be attempting other new and unique dishes as well, and will try to post the recipe if I find something noteworthy.

No comments: